Unveil the transformative power of iOSoft Smart Hotel Management System...Read More
Cost of a Point-of-Sale System
A POS system can be as simple as a card reader or as dynamic as iOSoft’s Smart all-in-one POS system with capabilities like e-commerce management, customer relationship management (CRM), scheduling, loyalty, and many more features. Point of Sale (POS) systems have become an essential part of running a business in 2023, especially in Kenya where the economy is growing at a steady pace. They help to streamline sales processes, improve efficiency, and provide valuable data insights. However, one of the primary concerns for business owners when considering a POS system is the cost.
Businesses of all sizes employ POS systems in a range of sectors, including retail, dining, hospitality, and services. A POS system is probably a suitable choice for you if your business is in the line of buying and selling. In this article, we will explore how much a POS system costs in Kenya.
How much Is a Point-of-Sale System?
1. Firstly, it is important to note that the cost of a POS system can vary depending on a number of factors, including the size of the business, the number of locations, and the specific features required. Generally, there are two main options for businesses looking to implement a POS system: a traditional hardware-based system or a cloud-based system. Download our Restaurant POS Pricing Document (PDF) for your reference.
2. Traditional hardware-based POS systems typically include a computer or tablet, a cash register, a barcode scanner, and a receipt printer. In Kenya, the cost of a basic hardware-based POS system can range from Ksh 50,000 to Ksh 100,000. However, this cost can increase significantly depending on the specific features required, such as inventory management, customer management, and sales reporting.
3. Cloud-based POS systems, on the other hand, are becoming increasingly popular in Kenya due to their affordability and flexibility. They operate using a web browser or a mobile app and do not require any expensive hardware. Instead, they can be run on a smartphone, tablet, or laptop. The cost of a cloud-based POS system in Kenya can range anywhere from Ksh 30,000 to Ksh 55,000 with an annual license renewable fee, depending on the number of users and the specific features required.
4. Another factor to consider when it comes to the cost of a POS system is the payment processing fees. Most POS systems require businesses to use a payment gateway or merchant service provider to process credit card payments. POS service providers like iOSoft Solutions LTD charge a fee for these integrations, which can range from Kes 15,000 to 35,000. It is important for businesses to consider these fees when selecting a POS system.
5. In addition to the initial setup cost and payment processing fees, there are also ongoing costs associated with maintaining a POS system. For example, businesses may need to pay for software updates, technical support, and replacement hardware. It is important for businesses to budget for these ongoing costs to ensure that they can continue to use the POS system effectively over time. iOSoft Solutions LTD though, doesn’t charge for some of these services.
6. Overall, the cost of a POS system in Kenya can vary significantly depending on the specific features required, the size of the business, and the type of system selected. Traditional hardware-based systems can be more expensive upfront but may be more suitable for larger businesses with complex requirements. Cloud-based systems are generally more affordable and flexible but may not offer as many advanced features.
The most basic Point of Sales hardware system consists of a computer, a cash drawer, receipt printer,keyboard and scanner. Buy Best and cheapest Point of sale system in Nairobi, Kenya. Our POS in Kenya gives you control over your inventory|most reliable POS in Kenya |Cheapest POS inventrory Kenya |all in one POS android machine in Kenya| POS in Kenya machines Kenya|All in one posiflex|android POS machine|all in one POS machines in Kenya|posiflex resellers|Point of sale software in Kenya|Point of sale in Nairobi, Kenya. We offer cheapest POS hardware as well: Get to us in Best Point of sale hardware in Nairobi |Cheapest Point of sale hardware in Mombasa |Affordable Point of sale hardware in Kisumu |Reliable Point of sale hardware in Eldoret |Efficient Point of sale hardware in chuka |Best Point of sale hardware in Meru| Affordable Point of sale hardware in Nakuru |Cheapest Point of sale in Kakamega | Reliable Point of sale hardware in Naivasha |Point of sale hardware in Thika, Get best and cheapets Point of sale System in Nairobi, Kenya| POS machines Kenya|POS machines Mombasa|POS Kenya.
How do you choose a POS for your Business!
let’s consider two hypothetical businesses in Kenya that have different requirements for their POS system:
Business A: A small clothing store with one location. The owner wants to implement a basic POS system that can handle sales transactions, manage inventory, and generate basic sales reports.
For Business A, a traditional hardware-based POS system may be a good option. The initial setup cost could range from Ksh 50,000 to Ksh 100,000, depending on the specific hardware and software selected. In addition, the business may need to pay for payment processing fees, which could range from 1.5% to 3.5% of the transaction value. There may also be ongoing maintenance costs, such as software updates and technical support. Check out our POS pricing document to see the value our system gives you all at the best cost.
Business B: A medium-sized restaurant chain with multiple locations. The owners want to implement a more advanced restaurant POS system like JiPOS that can handle sales transactions, manage inventory, generate detailed sales reports, and integrate with other systems, such as accounting software.
For Business B, a cloud-based POS system may be a better option. Cloud-based systems can be more flexible and scalable, which is important for businesses with multiple locations. The initial setup cost for a cloud-based system could range as per the costs above, depending on the number of users and the specific features required. Payment processing fees would still apply, but the cloud-based system may offer more options for integrating with other systems and generating detailed sales reports. There may also be ongoing maintenance costs, such as technical support and hardware replacement, but these costs may be lower compared to a traditional hardware-based system.
As you can see, the cost of a POS system in Kenya can vary significantly depending on the specific needs of the business. It is important for business owners to carefully evaluate their requirements and budget before selecting a POS system. By doing so, they can ensure that they are making a wise investment that will improve the efficiency and profitability of their business.
iOSoft’s products have proven track record on durability, stability variety, affordable prices and speedy order fulfillment. We offers superior shopping experience, rapid delivery, Best prices and stellar customer service. We are dealers, suppliers and resellers of major and Minor brands. We Deliver to all towns in Kenya including Athi-river, Awendo, Bungoma, Busia, Chavakali, Chogoria, Chuka, Eldoret, Emali, Embu, Gilgil, Githunguri, Homabay, Isiolo, Juja, Kajiado, Kakamega, Kangundo, Kapsabet, Karatina, Ken-versity, Kericho, Kerugoya, Kiambu, Kilifi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kitale, Kitengela, Kitui, Limuru, Litein, Luanda, M-Bridge, Machakos, Makindu, Makutano, Malaba, Malindi, Maragua, Mariakani, Maseno, Matunda, MauSummit, Mbale, Meru, Migori, Molo, Mombasa, Mtito Andei, Mukumu Market, Mumias, Muranga, Mwea, Nairobi CBD, Nairobi West, Naivasha, Nakuru, Namanga, Nanyuki, Narok, Narumoru, Njabini, Njoro, Nkubu, Nyahururu, Nyeri, Olkalou, Rongo, Ruiru, Runyenjes, Sagana, Sotik, Sultan Hamud, Tala, Thika, Timau, Timboroa, Turbo, Voi, Webuye, Westlands, Yala and Across East Africa: Juba Sudan, Kampala Uganda, Dar es Salaam Tanzania, Kigali Rwanda, Somalia